Saturday, April 13, 2013

I have been absent for quite some time, and apologize for that. There has been so much that has happened since my last post. If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin, you know what I'm talking about.My exhibition at the Lake Eustis Museum of Art went well, but I only sold a few small images. I'm currently in the middle of a three man photography exhibit at the Cultural Courthouse in downtown Stuart. A good place to exhibit, but not to sell anything. People here do not look at art as an investment, just an expense they cannot afford. I'll be showing 30-40 images at the Palm Beach Gardens City Hall June thru August this Summer. I think it's best to get my work out of the state. Florida is just not a good art market. The snowbirds here had the opportunity to display what they have on their walls in an exhibit two years ago. Not one piece was from a local artist. A very sad reflection indeed. Most do not even venture out to the Cultural Courthouse to view what's on display, even if the artist isn't local. Many companies and individuals donate large sums of money to the Arts Council, but never set foot in the gallery. I wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment