The Rochelle School was built in 1885, and is located off of Hwy. 234 in Rochelle, in eastern Alachua County. The school was added to the National Register in 1973, as building # 763000565. The school was originally called the Martha Perry Institute, to honor the wife of Florida Governor Madison Starke Perry, a prosperous Alachua planter from Rochelle who became Florida’s fourth Governor. The large two-story school operated from 1885 to 1935. The building is interesting because of its architecture and because of its use as an educational institution. The building appears to be in good condition, but it should be confirmed that the roof is not leaking. The building is in private ownership.